[BioC] knn.imput and prcomp error

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Sep 20 16:36:34 CEST 2006

Ingrid H.G. Østensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running a microarray analysis that I have run before (on the same
> data set) but now I get an error message because my matrix suddenly is no
> longer numeric. Does anybody know what happens and how do solve it? Below
> I have pasted the commands and error message.
>
> Ingrid
>
> memory.limit(1300)
> library(limma)
> library(impute)
> aneTab <- read.table(file="S100A4_anes.txt",sep="\t",header=T,na.strings="")
> colnames(aneTab)
> aneData <- aneTab[,3:14]

Are all the values in andData numeric? What do you get from str(aneData)?

If the values are not all numeric, when you coerce to a matrix
everything will be coerced to some common type (often character). For
instance, if there are factors and numeric values in your data.frame,
they will all get coerced to character, which may be what is happening.

HTH,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.