[BioC] how to deal with a complete pooling design?

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Sun Sep 24 04:30:28 CEST 2006

Dear Michael,
You need to use blocks for the pair of arrays in the technical rep
dye swaps.  If you look at the d.f. for your design, you will see
that you have too many error d.f.
To handle the fact that all of your B samples are actually technical
replicates, you need a mixed model that is too complicated for
Limma.  However, you will probably be OK with the block design.

--Naomi