[BioC] how to add gene name in limma

john seers (IFR) john.seers at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 26 16:11:18 CEST 2006

Hi

Looking at the read.maimages script/code I think perhaps it does not
handle the annotation values. It tests for "imagene" and then calls
"read.imagene" without passing on the annotation values. (I may be wrong
on this - I am not sure what the "..." does). Anyway - my suggestion is
to try calling "read.imagene" directly specifying the annotation
parameter.

Code from read.maimages:

   if (source2 == "imagene")
        return(read.imagene(files = files, path = path, ext = ext,
            names = names, columns = columns, wt.fun = wt.fun,
            verbose = verbose, sep = sep, quote = quote, ...))

Regards

---

John Seers
Institute of Food Research