[BioC] having a problem loading Rgraphviz with Intel Mac

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 26 19:20:15 CEST 2006

Hi Jen,

"Jen Buhay" <jenbuhay at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi All -
> I've downloaded Graphviz 2.8 (and graphviz 2.9 intel)

So which version do you have?  How and where did you install it?

> intel Macs (I have OSX 10.4.7)

And an intel mac, yes?

> /usr/local/lib/graphviz).  Here's the error message I get when I try
> to load Rgraphviz:

How did you install Rgraphviz?  For that matter, how did you install
R?  It looks like you are using an R 2.3.x from the error messages,
but did you build from source, install the binary from CRAN, or ???

With a few more details, we may be able to provide some guidance.

Basically, if you are using the CRAN binary version of R.app, then you
should follow these instructions:

1. Install the _graphviz_ binary from http://r.research.att.com/.
   [First, remove any other graphviz installs.]

2. Install the _binary_ version of the BioC Rgraphviz package:

     source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
     biocLite("Rgraphviz")

+ seth