[BioC] Dup correlation in single-channel analysis?- technical rep

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Apr 3 23:50:27 CEST 2007

Dear Heather,

You can't combine blocking and single-channel analysis in limma, at least not yet.

Also, the single channel analysis is done by lmscFit() not lmFit(), hence the error message.

Best wishes
Gordon

> Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:21:38 -0700
> From: Heather de Glanville <deglanvi at pdx.edu>
> Subject: [BioC] Dup correlation in single-channel analysis?- technical
> 	rep
> To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
>
> Dear Bioconductor,
>
> I am working with a loop design with both biological and technical
> replication, and am having difficulty incorporating both types of
> replication appropriately. I am looking at the both strain and the
> treatment level effects, will make most all possible contrasts, and
> would like to test this over the biorep error.
>
> My experiment follows, with 6 different strain/treatments
> (CD,CW,HD,HW,VD,VW), 3 bio reps per strain/treat (1,2,3) and 2 techreps
> per biorep.

[targets frame deleted]