[BioC] ReadAffy(widget=TRUE) not working with R2.5?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 5 07:37:03 CEST 2007

Hi Paul --

As an update on this, as you guessed, read.AnnotatedDataFrame does not
have widget support. Partly I wasn't sure whether this was used at
all, so didn't know how much time to invest in it. If this is a pretty
common way of reading data, then I'll try to provide functionality for
the release.

Martin

"Paul Leo" <p.leo at uq.edu.au> writes:

> Anyone also experiencing the widget failing with the error :
> "sorry, tkWidgets support not available for read.AnnotatedDataFrame."
>
> Not sure what the origins of this is; is this just the new version of R
> or Bioconductor, is this something that might persist?
> Same thing works fine for R2.4.1. Same error with R2.5 Pre-release.
>
> The widget allows you to select the files but then dies unexpectedly. I
> was thinking that is was because the affybatch object has new hooks for
> the pheno and sampleNames??
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Paul
>
>> Data<-ReadAffy(widget=TRUE)
> Error in read.AnnotatedDataFrame(sampleNames = sampleNames, widget =
> TRUE) :
>         sorry, tkWidgets support not available for
> read.AnnotatedDataFrame
>

>> sessionInfo()
> R version 2.5.0 alpha (2007-03-27 r40912)
> i386-pc-mingw32
>

> attached base packages:
> [1] "tcltk"     "tools"     "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
>
> [7] "datasets"  "methods"   "base"
>
> other attached packages:
>   tkWidgets      DynDoc widgetTools        affy      affyio     Biobase
>    "1.13.3"    "1.13.2"    "1.11.2"   "1.13.18"     "1.3.3"   "1.13.46"
>>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Martin Morgan
Bioconductor / Computational Biology
http://bioconductor.org