[BioC] working with prada objects

Nolwenn Le Meur nlemeur at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 10 18:49:36 CEST 2007

Florencio Gonzalez <florencio.gblazquez at ...> writes:

> Hello, I´m new to bioconductor. I need to work with events from cytometer
> data. I have to get the region of interest form drawGate and then work with
> the events that are into the region selected. How can I access this events?
> because drawGate create a gateSet object that only have the boundaries of
> the region.
> Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for my english
>
> Florencio Gonzalez Blazquez
> Instituto Español de Oceanografía
> Centro Costero de Gijón
> avenida Principe de Asturias 70 bis
> España
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> Search the archives:

Hi Florencio,

You need to use the applyGate function on your cytoFrame object:

gated.data <- applyGate(myData, myGateSet)

This should return an another cytoFrame object. See ?applyGate for more details.

If you are just starting with flow cytometry data, I suggest you to have a look
at the new flowCore package, available in bioconductor-devel
(http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.0/bioc/html/flowCore.html) and soon in the
new release of Bioconductor. We hope that the flowCore package will become the
'base' package for many other flow cytometry based packages (e.g. already in
development flowViz, flowQ ...).

Nolwenn

Nolwenn Le Meur, PhD
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center