[BioC] RMA error on exon arrays

rcaloger raffaele.calogero at unito.it
Fri Apr 13 18:45:05 CEST 2007

Hi,
I am trying to calculate probe sets summary on a test set of exon arrays
from Affymetrix data set (3 breast vs 3 cerebellum,
http://www.bioinformatica.unito.it/bioinformatics/DAGEL.II/exon.data.zip)
using a compiled cdf file for linux
(http://www.bioinformatica.unito.it/downloads/huex10stv2cdf_1.0.0.tar.gz).
I get an error if I use rma or expresso.
The error is associated to the normalization procedure (quantile).
 >tmp
AffyBatch object
size of arrays=2560X2560 (307212 kb)
cdf=HuEx-1_0-st-v2 (1432154 affyids)
number of samples=6
number of genes=1432154
annotation=huex10stv2
debug (rma)
tmp.rma <- rma(tmp)
error of Error in FUN(X[[1411190L]], ...): subscript out of bounds
the error comes during this call
exprs <- .Call("rma_c_complete", pm(object, subset), mm(object, subset),
probeNames(object, subset), ngenes, body(bg.dens),
new.env(), normalize, background, bgversion, PACKAGE="affy")

same error cames during the normalization process  if I use expresso:
tmp.rma <- expresso(tmp, bgcorrect.method="rma",
                     normalize.method="quantile", pmcorrect.method="pmonly",
                     summary.method="median.polish")

My system is SUN 2 X dual-core AMD Opteron processor 2218, 24 Gb RAM running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
Bioconductor 1.9

Any suggestion how to solve the problem?

Cheers
Raffaele

Prof. Raffaele A. Calogero
Bioinformatics and Genomics Unit
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche
c/o Az. Ospedaliera S. Luigi
Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano
10043 Torino
tel.   ++39 0116705417