[BioC] Rgraphviz load problem

Sun Apr 15 19:51:44 CEST 2007

Daniel

By now you may have a bit of a messed up installation of graphviz. As
Li, I would like to know the following
(1) Have you installed the CRAN compilers? (look for the existence
of /usr/local/gcc4.0)
(2) I assume you have the CRAN version of R - right?
(3) What is your default C compiler
  # gcc_select
(hopefully it is 4.0)
(4) How did you install graphviz
(5) And I would like the output of installing Rgraphviz under source
(important).

You should not have to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, indeed it is a bit
dangerous to do so under OS X (I am told).

If you want to clean up the whole mess, do the following
(a) delete all the graphviz versions you have. Perhaps using
# make uninstall
from you building directory. There are files both in /usr/local/bin, /
usr/local/include, /usr/local/lib
(b) Install graphviz 2.12 by running configure and make. I have used
the CRAN compilers to compile graphviz, just for safety, but I think
you can just use the normal gcc (= don't do anything) _if_ you are
using 4.x
(c) Download Rgraphviz from the development version of Bioconductor.
(d) Install it by
# R CMD INSTALL ....

That should work.

Kasper