[BioC] Annotation of U95av2 array

Nianhua Li nli at fhcrc.org
Wed Apr 18 22:47:10 CEST 2007

Hi, James and George,

The source data that we used for building the current hgu95av2 package in bioc
2.0 was downloaded on Feb 28, 2007. Hs.443948 was linked with 3576 in the source
data. Unfortunately, it is too late to update the packages at this time.

The way it works is that we download all the source data at once and use our
local copy of the source data to create all the annotation packages. The
annotation packages for GE CodeLink, Illumina and RNG_MRC gene chips are
maintained by other organisations. We coordinated with each other to make sure
all the packages are created by the same version of the source data. This
process allows all the packages to be consistent with each other. It is too late
to go one more round of the coordination process given the release is just one
week away. Sorry...

best

nianhua