[BioC] Fitting mixture of beta-distributions

Kevin R. Coombes krc at mdacc.tmc.edu
Fri Apr 20 15:48:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

An equivalent method (BUM) was also described by Pounds and Morris in
Bioinformatics in early 2003.  BUM is implemented in OOMPA, which is
available at http://bioinformatics.mdanderson.org/software.html, and if
I ever feel like I have time to maintain it through the steady pace of
new BioConductor releases, then I'll submit OOMPA.

For more general mixtures of betas, you might also look at

Ji Y, Wu C, Liu P, Wang J, Coombes KR. Applications of beta-mixture
models in bioinformatics. Bioinformatics. 2005 May 1;21(9):2118-22.

  -- Kevin