[BioC] Bioconductor on a Rocks cluster

Patrick Durham patrickd at crab.org
Fri Apr 20 16:28:27 CEST 2007

Thanks Seth,

The more I thought about this the more I came to the same conclusions.
Basically we are trying to most efficiently utilize our hardware
resources for our R/Bioconductor users.  My current plan is to deploy
R/Bioconductor on multiple Citrix servers and do load balancing via the
Citrix software.  This will at least make sure that each new
R/Bioconductor user connection will be launched on the least busy
server.  Crude but it will probably server our needs (plus it will be
much easier than administering a cluster).

Thanks again.

Pat