[BioC] error in limma: normalizeForPrintorder

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Apr 24 17:00:15 CEST 2007

Hi Erik,

Erik Dopman wrote:
> I want to normalize for print order in limma, but I am running into
> trouble using the function when method='plate' because:
>
> Error in FUN(X[[1]], ...) : could not find function "huber"
>

> I am running R 2.4.1 and limma 2.9.17. Can someone supply me with the
> function "huber" so the normalization function works? Is there
> another work-around?

Have you tried help.search()? I get this:

 > help.search("huber")
Help files with alias or concept or title matching 'huber' using fuzzy
matching:

huber(MASS)             Huber M-estimator of Location with MAD Scale
hubers(MASS)            Huber Proposal 2 Robust Estimator of Location
                         and/or Scale
rlm(MASS)               Robust Fitting of Linear Models

So you may need a library(MASS) first.

Best,

Jim

> Cheers,