[BioC] outlier detection of fit.li.wong

Yi Xing yxing at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 6 01:01:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am a little puzzled by the behavior of fit.li.wong function  (affy
package) in conducting outlier detection. I created a matrix
x <- sweep(matrix(2^rnorm(600),30,20),1,seq(1,2,len=30),FUN="+")

then set x[30,20] as the outlier:
x[30,20]=9999

When I ran  fit.li.wong(x,outlier.detection=TRUE), x[30,20] was
recognized as an outlier, but apparently it was NOT removed from the
computation of theta. theta[30] is obviously affected by the single
outlier.

I would like to know how to fix this. Any suggestion is welcome.

Yi Xing