[BioC] SAM timecourse or what else ?

Davide Valentini Davide.Valentini at ki.se
Thu Aug 9 10:44:33 CEST 2007

Hi to all,

I have a dataset of 5 patients each one taken in 4 different times

gene    P1-T1    P1-T2    P1-T3    P1-T4    P2-T1    P2-T2    ...

AAA    42    22    232    ...    ...    ...    ...
BBB    33    76    200    ...    ...    ...    ...
CCC    123    22    11    ...    ...    ...    ...
...    ...

I'm mostly interested to the evaluate the change in gene expression over
time, for this I was thinking to use the "quantitative" option in samr
package, but I'm also curious about "One class timecourse" (I know that
is not in BioC but maybe someone already used it). I don't find any
examples in the documentation, and I don't know IF and how to proceed.
Any help ? :)
Secondly I'm also interested to group the patients with the same trends.
So my question also is: Do you have some suggestions about what
technique (or packages) to use for BOTH this tasks ?

Thanks in advance to all, and sorry if part of the question is not
strictly regarding BioConductor.
Regards

Davide

--