[BioC] basicplot functionality (flowCore/rflowcyt)

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 22:14:06 CEST 2007

On 8/12/07, M. Jankowski <mjankowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> > For more general plotting, including being able to draw a filter onto
> > a plot among other things, you'll mostly want the flowViz package.
> > IIRC the function called "basicplot" is now in that package and known
> > as "flowPlot." Additionally, many of the lattice plotting methods have
> > been adapted for use with flow data and do sensible things, including
> > drawing a filter onto a plot.
> >
> Byron,
>
> Thank you for helping to me find the right direction on this.
>
> Is there a HowTo for flowViz that I might follow? I tried
> help(flowPlot) but the resulting documentaton seemed incomplete. I'd
> like to do things like draw a filter and/or see a filter I set from
> the command line on the plot.

The support for filters in flowViz was added after the current bioc
release. If you go to the page for the devel version, you'll find a
link to a (somewhat terse) vignette with examples:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/bioc/html/flowViz.html

To use this (the filter stuff), you either need to run R-devel, or
manually install flowViz for R 2.5.x (I don't think there will be any
problems if you do that, but I can't guarantee it).

-Deepayan