[BioC] Illumina bead arrays

Matt Ritchie Matt.Ritchie at cancer.org.uk
Mon Aug 13 17:48:49 CEST 2007

Hi Ina,

Sorry to hear you are having such a struggle reading in your Illumina data.
I noticed a problem reading in BeadStudio 3 output a few weeks ago and
checked in a fix to the developmental version of beadarray.

So if you upgrade to the latest version of beadarray (1.5.8, available from
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/bioc/html/beadarray.html) your summary
data should read in without incident.  Note that the default arguments to
readBeadSummaryData() have been set for BeadStudio 3 output, so all you need
to set it the filename.

I have also added some more meaningful warnings to readIllumina(), which
will help diagnose the cause of the second error you mention (most likely
you are missing the tiff files, so try useImages=FALSE).

Best wishes,

Matt