[BioC] Question on filtering in the Category package

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Aug 18 10:11:15 CEST 2007

Dear Boel,

as you say, the filtering is intended to eliminate the probe-sets
whose targets are not expressed and hence that are uninformative / only
contribute noise.

 >  But the reason for eliminating the probe-sets with
 > the highest variability is less clear for me.

Perhaps you misunderstood the below example code, it only eliminates
low-variability probesets and keeps the high-variability ones. Please
give it a second look.

Best wishes
   Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber