[BioC] Loop design -> inferring

Yannick Wurm Yannick.Wurm at unil.ch
Sun Aug 19 17:58:11 CEST 2007

Hello Gordon & list,

thanks for your help.
Clustering on the fitted coefficients make sense to see a gene's
general profile. But once again, getting a feeling for a gene's
variability is important because it gives information about both the
gene's robustness, as well as the sample's. And if I'm looking at a
large number of genes, it doesn't make sense to do boxplots for each.

What I did for now is just directly use my individual array data.
But I think I'd get a better estimation if I used the information
provided by the loop. So for each comparison, I think I'll use a
weigted average of the 2 loop directions.  Eg if I want to estimate
differences between T0 and T1, I could do:
	ratio = 2/3 * (T1vsT0) + 1/3 * (T1vsT2 - T2vsT0)

Kind regards,
yannick