[BioC] Which genes are in the GO count column?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Aug 20 16:59:21 CEST 2007

Hi Ingrid,

Ingrid H. G. Østensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am testing for GO in my dataset and I am able to make html pages
> that contains different type of information. But I was wondering if
> there is some way to find out which genes are in the Count column? It
> might say 2, but not which 2 genes.

See probeSetSummary() in GOstats and hyperG2annaffy() in affycoretools.
Note that for probeSetSummary() to work correctly you have to pass in a
*named* vector of Entrez Gene IDs, which you can get by using unlist():

my.named.probeids <- unlist(mget(probeID.vector,
"chip.annotation.package.name"))

Best,

Jim

> Regards, Ingrid