[BioC] [R] trouble extracting R code from vignette using example from www.bioconductor.org

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Aug 20 19:39:06 CEST 2007

Hi Mark,

Mark W Kimpel <mkimpel at iupui.edu> writes:
> Not sure if this is an R or BioC question so will cross-post.

Please pick one or the other.  I'm replying on BioC only.

> I cannot extract R code from vignettes because system.file("doc",
> "my.bioc.package") returns "".

try rereading the help page for system.file.  Because the first arg to
system.file is '...', you need to name your arguments:

    > system.file("doc", "Biobase")
    [1] ""
    > system.file("doc", package="Biobase")
    [1] "/Users/seth/RLIB/2.6/Biobase/doc"

And this is shown in the example on the webpage you found...

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
BioC: http://bioconductor.org/