[BioC] AnnBuilder questions

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Wed Aug 22 21:34:41 CEST 2007

melany black wrote:

> - Problem number 4 : YeastPkgBuilder doesn't create
> "yeastAgilentSYMBOL". It seems like this is always the
> case with this function.
> How can I overcome this? Because if I want to plot my
> probes on the chromosome using geneplotter, I get an
> error:
>

>> library("geneplotter")
>> chrLoc=buildChromLocation("yeastAgilent")
>>
> Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) :
> "yeastAgilentSYMBOL" not found
> That's a real problem, because quite all the purpose
> of creating an annotation package was for using
> geneplotter.

So I fear that you might be out of luck for this purpose.  It does not
appear that the buildChromLocation() works with any of the yeast
packages to date.  This is because these packages do not have a
<pkgname>SYMBOL map in them.  We are working on better (less limited)
packages for the future, though.  I am preparing about 80 of them as we
speak.

    Marc