[BioC] Illumina bead arrays

Ina Hoeschele inah at vt.edu
Thu Aug 23 20:31:23 CEST 2007

Matt Ritchie wrote:
> Hi Ina,
>
> What operating system are you using?  If you are on Windows, I have built a
> version of beadarray under R-2.5.1 and made it available at our institute's
> anonymous ftp server:
>
> ftp://ftp.cancerresearchuk.org/pub/any/beadarray/beadarray_1.5.8.zip
> login: anonymous
> password: your email address
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Matt

Matt,
    I downloaded this version but I am still getting an error message
while reading the data, please see below.
 > readBeadSummaryData(dataFile, skip=7, columns = list(exprs =
+ "AVG_Signal", BeadStDev = "BEAD_STDEV", NoBeads = "Avg_NBEADS"), sep="\t")
Error in scan(file, what, nmax, sep, dec, quote, skip, nlines,
na.strings,  :
        line 336 did not have 98 elements
(when I look at line 336 it does not look any different from the other
lines, this is the same error that I had before, I also changed skip to
8 but this does not help, it then complains about line 335).
Many thanks, Ina