[BioC] Question about inconsistent gene expression

Michal Okoniewski MOkoniewski at picr.man.ac.uk
Fri Aug 24 17:53:59 CEST 2007

Hi Chunyan Liu,

There is yet another set of CDF files that correct for slightly
different problems that
the Brainarray ones, done by Lu et al and described in:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/8/108

As for your question: it is not that surprising. 1) Transcript-gene
relationships
form very complex graphs. 2) The probesets interrogate various parts of
transcripts
and we know that there are various alternatively spliced isoforms. There
is no
such thing as uniform gene-level expression. Perhaps in some cases just
a specific isoform
was significantly expressed.

Cheers,
Michal