[BioC] marrayRaw class using read.Agilent function

jhs1jjm at leeds.ac.uk jhs1jjm at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 17:56:40 CEST 2007

Hi, I'm using R 2.5.0 on openSUSE 10.2 x86_64 with biocLite packages.
I started by creating the TargetInfo and probe related information objects in
marray. I then realized that the read.Agilent function did this automatically
and proceeded to create the marrayRaw class. This seems to have worked fine for
the 3* 44k arrays I'm working on. I am now working on 2*244k Agilent arrays.
Using the same function I am not been given any errors in R but my computer
seems to slow  but doesn't crash when reading in the flat text files from the
arrays. I am leaving it for 20 mins or so. Is there a problem with the package
due to the size of the arrays or could it be a problem with my system? Thanks
for your help.

Regards
John