[BioC] Analysis of many Flagged spots

Davide Valentini Davide.Valentini at ki.se
Fri Aug 31 15:53:24 CEST 2007

Hi to all,

I've to deal with a dataset that has a huge amount of flagged as "bad"
spots. My data are from peptide microarrays and the proportion of flags
is around the 90% in each slide. Luckily I have a good set of samples
(35 cases and 35 controls), but I'm not an expert with this kind of
problem. Should I treat the flagged data as missing values and so try to
impute new values instead the flagged "bad" spots ? I know the KNN
imputation or the SVD imputation.
What is normally done with the spots flagged as "bad" (-100, following
GenePix criteria + additional criteria) in cDNA experiments ?

Sorry if the question looks banal, but as I said I'm not an expert on
this field. Any help is useful, also links regarding flagged data
analysis...

Thanks in advance,

Davide

--