[BioC] How to read a data.frame into limma or marray

Wolfgang Raffelsberger wraff at titus.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Dec 5 18:02:54 CET 2007

Dear list,

the question might seem trivial, I just couldn't find a function to
transform a simple data.frame with microarray log2-ratios into a
limma-type ot marray-type objects.
I have a data.frame containing (R/G-) log2-ratios for the each slide in
a separate column and I 'd like to use some of the functions available
in limma or marray, in particular to run a lowess normalization.   I
realized that I need either limma or marray specific (S4-) objects but I
couldn't find a function for easily creating one of these.  I guess I'll
need either a  class 'marrayNorm'  object  or an 'MAList', but I
couldn't find a specific function to do so.
Or is it necessary to create an exprSet first, to be able to transform
the data the to an MAList ?
Any suggestions ?

Just for clarification : I run R-2.6.0 with BioC 2.1

Thank's in advance,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Raffelsberger, PhD
Laboratoire de BioInformatique et Génomique Intégratives
CNRS UMR7104, IGBMC
1 rue Laurent Fries,  67404 Illkirch  Strasbourg,  France
Tel (+33) 388 65 3300         Fax (+33) 388 65 3276
wolfgang.raffelsberger at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr