[BioC] association of clinical phenotype to sequence data

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Dec 10 13:48:03 CET 2007

Dear Ian,

I guess pretty much all of the regression and classification methods
provided in R packages on CRAN and Bioconductor could be of potential use.

Depending on your data, it would seem appropriate not to treat each
sequence position and variant as independent, but to consider their
phylogenetic tree.

This paper and others by these authors might be relevant:
http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/31/13/3850
Geno2pheno: estimating phenotypic drug resistance from HIV-1 genotypes
N. Beerenwinkel et al.

  Best wishes
	Wolfgang

> Hi all,
>
> I have a dataset consisting of sequence data from specific viral genes
> that I'm trying to correlate to data from indicators of disease outcome
> (CD4+ count, viral load etc). Are there any packages currently available
> through bioconductor that would be suitable for exploring associations
> within the data?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Ian Cheeseman
>
> Research Degree Student
> Room 360
> London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
> Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases
> Pathogen Molecular Biology Unit
> Keppel Street
> London WC1E 7HT
> Office Tel: +44 (0) 207 6127829