[BioC] Wow, what have I done

Loren Engrav engrav at u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 10 19:46:07 CET 2007

So
 ReadAffy for 81 .cel files failed memory (I had 2.5gig)
 justGCRMA loaded 81 but created a class problem for other processes

Was out shopping and The Mac Store had RAM sale, 25% off
So put in 4gig, now totaling 6gig

Video editing and other RAM hungry apps are now in heaven

But I try ReadAffy() for 81 .cel files and....
Same thing, cannot allocate vector

I guess hitting the 32bit limit at 4gig

I guess
1) reduce chips