[BioC] Affy Tiling Array & Oligo

Naira Naouar nanao at psb.ugent.be
Wed Dec 12 10:27:22 CET 2007

Hello Joseph,

Which array are you using??
First you need to create a CDF for your affymetrix tiling. For that you
need the makeplatformdesign package.
You also have to take from Affymetrix the BPMAP and CIF files available
for your tiling array.

***** R Code ****
 > library(makePlatformDesign)
 > makePDpackage("AFFY_TILING.bpmap",file1="AFFY_TILING.cif",
manufacturer="affymetrix", type="tiling")

Then you check and build the package you obtained (in unix: with "R CMD
check AFFY_TILINGcdf" and "R CMD build AFFY_TILINGcdf")
The name of the cdf (I put here as example AFFY_TILINGcdf) will be given
by makePDpackage command.

Then you have a cdf for your tiling :) You can read your cel files with
oligo package:

 >library(oligo)
 >library(AFFY_TILINGcdf)

data=read.celfiles(list.celfiles(),pk="AFFY_TILINGcdf")

Here you have access to all the data available on the tiling array.
Then, depending on the analysis you want to do, you will need to map the
probes on the array to genes or something else...

Regards,
Naira