[BioC] how to analyse a matrix of genes vs samples with limma

Federico Abascal fabascal at cnb.uam.es
Thu Dec 13 09:38:02 CET 2007

Estimated colleagues,

It is probably a simple question, but I am new to limma and I don't find
the answer.

I have a matrix with columns corresponding to different experiments or
samples, and rows corresponding to genes. In a separate vector of
factors I have a label indicating to which class each sample belongs to
(it could be mutant or WT, for instance). I read that, in order to load
data with limma, you have to create a design matrix in which a filename
for each experiment (or sample) is given... but I have all the
experiments in the same matrix, not in separate files. So, my  (simple)
question is: is there a way to go from my matrix to limma?

Thank you very much,
Federico