[BioC] error using pdInfoBuilder on Affymetrix snp 5.0 array

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 13 18:03:51 CET 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 7:28 AM, James W. MacDonald <jmacdon at med.umich.edu> wrote:
> Hi Sergii,
>
> Sergii Ivakhno wrote:
> > Hello All,
> > I experience a problen when trying to build PDInfo Package for an
> > Affymetrix snp 5.0  array using pdInfoBuilder.
> > Below are my commands, thanks a lot for your assistance in advance!
> > Best Wishes,
> > Sergii
> >
> > library("pdInfoBuilder")
> > cdfFile <- "GenomeWideSNP_5.r2.cdf"
> > csvAnno <- "GenomeWideSNP_5.na24.annot.csv"
> > csvSeq <- "GenomeWideSNP_5.probe_tab"
> > pkg <- new("AffySNPPDInfoPkgSeed", version = "0.1.5",author = "Seth
> > Falcon", email = "sergii.ivakhno at cancer.org.uk",+
> > biocViews = "AnnotationData", genomebuild = "NCBI Build 35, May
> > 2004",cdfFile = cdfFile, csvAnnoFile = csvAnno,csvSeqFile = csvSeq)
> >
> >> makePdInfoPackage(pkg, destDir = ".")
> > Creating package in ./pd.genomewidesnp.5
> > Error in sqliteExecStatement(conn, statement, bind.data, ...) :
> >         RS-DBI driver: (incomplete data binding: expected 7 parameters,
> > got 0)
>
> This is because Affy changed the format of some of the data in the
> annotation .csv file. Benilton knows about this, and may have already
> put in the fix in the devel version.

Yes, I asked them to do that because you could not identify what
annotation data went with what enzyme (at least for fragment
information).  Background is the Affymetrix Forum thread
'Fragment-length data in the NetAffx CSV files for GenomeWideSNP_6?'
on Sept 19 2007, cf.

 https://www.affymetrix.com/community/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=4981&tstart=0

They solved the problem for GenomeWideSNP_6 and used the updated file
format for GenomeWideSNP_5.  However, the content in the
GenomeWideSNP_5 CSV file(s) is broken.  See thread 'Fragment-length
data in the NetAffx CSV files for GenomeWideSNP_5 (sic)?' on Dec 3
2007 for details:

 https://www.affymetrix.com/community/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=5341&tstart=0

There is no response from Affy.  In the mean time, in
aroma.affymetrix, I use GenomeWideSNP_6 annotation data instead after
some validity checks.  For details on the problem and the workaround
see aroma.affymetrix Page 'GenomeWideSNP_5 - Miscellaneous':

http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix/web/genomewidesnp-5---miscellaneous

In summary, be careful when using the GenomeWideSNP_5 NetAffx annotation files.

/Henrik