[BioC] errors with read.maimages

Ana Conesa aconesa at cipf.es
Tue Dec 18 17:55:11 CET 2007

Dear List,

I am getting a couple of erros when trying to  import gpr files using
the read.maimages of Limma

RG1<-read.maimages(targets1,source="genepix")
Error in sub(pattern, replacement, x, ignore.case, extended, fixed,
useBytes) :
        input string 1 is invalid in this locale

In this case I simply cannot load the corresponding gpr files

 > f<-function(x)as.numeric(x$Flags>-99)
 > RG2<-read.maimages(targets2,source="genepix",wt.fun=f)
Error in gsub(pattern, replacement, x, ignore.case, extended, fixed,
useBytes) :
        input string 1 is invalid in this locale

In this case I have problems when trying to read the flags but it will
work OK if I skip the wt.fun parameter

In all cases I am using gpr files generated in the same project and I am
able to read other gpr files from the same platform (but never succeed
in getting the flags)

I am using R 2.5.1 on a Kubuntu 7.10 machine
Any tips on what to do are much appreciated

Thanks

Ana

Ana Conesa, PhD
Bioinformatics Department