[BioC] installation of affycoretools

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Dec 19 22:10:02 CET 2007

James Anderson wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Is there any specific requirement for installation of affycoretools? like the version of R, etc. I am trying to install affycoretools, but there is always some error msg like:
>
> Error: package 'GO.db' required by 'GOstats' could not be found.
> After I fix the above error, there is some new error:
>
> Error: package 'DBI' required by 'AnnotationDbi' could not be found
> I fix this one there is some new one and seems that it will never end.

This question is astonishingly similar to a question of yours that was
answered just seven days ago:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2007-December/020480.html

> So what should I do in order to install affycoretools?

As in the last response, and to any future question about installing
packages -- please use biocLite() to install BioC packages. The
dependencies for almost all of these packages are such that you will
endure no amount of anguish by ignoring this advice and attempting to
install packages one by one.