[BioC] Biostatistician & Epidemiologist posting

Turpin, Jennifer jturpin at med.wayne.edu
Thu Dec 20 14:44:12 CET 2007

Good morning.  Please post these positions.  Thank you, Jen

Biostatistician posting:

Perinatology Research Branch/ National Institutes of Health/National
Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NIH/NICHD) in
partnership with Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, seeks
qualified candidates for the position of Biostatistician.

The person chosen for this position will become part of a highly
successful, fast-paced research group that focuses on clinical and basic
research in perinatal medicine and related disciplines.  The goal of
this research is to develop novel diagnostic, therapeutic, and
preventative strategies to reduce adverse pregnancy outcome, infant
mortality, and handicap.  The research agenda involves novel discovery
technologies in functional genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and DNA
analysis.

Successful Biostatistician candidates will have:

*	In-depth knowledge of statistical analysis, such as parametric
and nonparametric techniques (including power calculations, multivariate
regression, logistic regression, categorical analysis, survival
analysis, and life table procedures) cross-tabular and graphic
presentation of data

*  Expertise in software packages such as Microsoft Access, SAS, SPSS or
other clinical research/biostatistical/epidemiology statistical software
packages and data base development programs needed to conduct
biostatistical analysis for clinical research  studies

* The ability to provide statistical support for both study design and
data analysis

*  Strong oral and written communication skills

*  Ability to work independently and collaboratively

*  Knowledge of medical research protocols

*  Basic knowledge of perinatology is desirable

*  Additional duties as assigned

Qualifications:

*  MD &/or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics or relevant field.

*  Minimum of two years experience

*  Rank commensurate with credentials

Epidemiologist posting:

Perinatology Research Branch/ National Institutes of Health/National
Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NIH/NICHD) in
partnership with Wayne State University; Detroit, Michigan, seeks
qualified candidates for the position of Epidemiologist.

The individual chosen for this position will become part of a highly
successful, fast-paced research group that focuses on clinical and basic
research in perinatal medicine and related disciplines.  The goal of
this research is to develop novel diagnostic, therapeutic and
preventative strategies to reduce adverse pregnancy outcome, infant
mortality, and handicap.  The research agenda involves novel discovery
technologies in functional genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and DNA
analysis.

Successful Epidemiologist candidates will have:

*  In-depth knowledge of biostatistical methodologies, procedures, and
testing

*   Expertise in the conduction and analysis of longitudinal studies

*  Expertise  in data coordination, collection, and statistical analysis
methods and principles

*  Competence in the area of mathematical modeling

*  Knowledge of medical research protocols

*  Familiarity with computer software design and programming languages

* Strong oral and written communication skills

* Ability to work independently and collaboratively

*  Basic knowledge of perinatology is desirable

* Additional duties as requested

Qualifications:

MD &/or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics or relevant field.

Experience with issues pertaining to the conduction and analysis of
longitudinal studies.

Expertise in mathematical modeling, data coordination, collection and
statistical analysis methods and principles.

Basic knowledge of Perinatology.

Minimum of two years experience.

Rank commensurate with credentials

We are ready to act immediately on the most qualified candidates. Please
resume as a Word document. Please include a note regarding your salary
requirement and send to jturpin at med.wayne.edu.