[BioC] [R] Affy Package

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Dec 27 00:35:10 CET 2007

Hi,
   Please do not cross-post. Pick one list and post to it. Please spell
and capitalize correctly: it is the affy package, not Affy,

  and perhaps the best answer to your question can be found at:

  http://affycomp.biostat.jhsph.edu/

  and in particular "best" is not a well defined concept, it depends on
what you want to achieve.

  best wishes
    Robert

Vallejo, Roger wrote:
> Dear R Users,
> In the expresso function, which combination of these methods for data pre-processing (when using affymetrix oligo arrays) is the best:
>
> bgcorrect.metod = rma rma2 mas
>
> normalize.method = qspline quantiles loess
>
> pmcorrect.method = pmonly subtractmm mas
>
> summary.method = liwong avgdiff medianpolish mas
>
> There are many options within each method. I would appreciate a hint on the best combination.
> Thank you very much in advance.
> Roger
>

> Roger L. Vallejo, Ph.D.
> Computational Biologist & Geneticist
> U.S. Department of Agriculture, ARS
> National Center for Cool & Cold Water Aquaculture
> 11861 Leetown Road
> Kearneysville, WV 25430
> Voice:  (304) 724-8340 Ext. 2141
> Email:  roger.vallejo at ars.usda.gov