[BioC] beadarray and BeadStudio v.2.3.41

Mark Dunning md392 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 17:36:56 CET 2007

Hi Asta,

Thanks for the information about the new version arrays and for the
data you sent me off the list.

I think the problem with reading bead level data might arise because
we assumed that the number of beads in the txt files would be the
same for every array. This was true for example files that Illumina
gave us a year ago, but the files that are produced by the scanner
are different.

We are currently working on a new class for bead level data which
stores everything in an environment where each array is allowed to
have a different number of beads. The new class will be added to the
package repository as soon as possible.

Similarly I'm looking into the new bead summary data format and how
it can be read into beadarray. The quality control file is quite
problematic because it does not seem to have a fixed format at all!

Regards,

Mark