[BioC] Finding peaks on tiling arrays/ moving average?

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 15:02:44 CET 2007

Dear all,

I am looking at some tiling arrays (actually, not quite tiling... they
have a 50bp oligo every 100bp or so) for a given chromosome.

They have been hybridised with the product of ChIP using antibodies
against several chromatin proteins.

I am interested in some particular genes, and as I know their location
I can easily find them and see what the patter is around them.
But I am also interested in just finding where these proteins bind
along the chromosome.

Does anybody know of a procedure (or even a package) that would be
useful for this purpose? I imagine that using moving averages (or
medians) with a window teh same length as my average ChIP fragment
would be a way to start, but then I have to come up with a way to give
probes scores etc... and I feel that I'd just be reinventing the wheel.

Any ideas/pointers would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6513374