[BioC] GEOquery and different GPL: handle of GSE

claudio.is at libero.it claudio.is at libero.it
Thu Feb 8 10:59:41 CET 2007

---------- Initial Header -----------

>From      : "Sean Davis" sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
To          : "claudio.is at libero.it" claudio.is at libero.it
Cc          : "bioconductor" bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
Date      : Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:28:21 -0500
Subject : Re: [BioC] GEOquery and different GPL: handle of GSE

I will show you the script for another GSE accession I have it right now,

library(GEOquery)
library(Biobase)

#downloading and storing in GSE
gse2564=getGEO("GSE2564")

#Check for GPL of each platform
gsmplatforms <- lapply(GSMList(gse2564), function(x) {
 Meta(x)$platform
 })

## now I wanted to sub-index the gse according to the field $platoform, and as when I run

GSMList(gse2564)[1]

the object is a GSM, I suppose that the following line should works

GSMList(gse2564)[1]$platform

but I retrive a null results.