[BioC] connect to HapMart with biomaRt

Steffen Durinck durincks at mail.nih.gov
Mon Feb 12 16:34:35 CET 2007

Dear Wei,

In principle the biomaRt package can be used with any BioMart database.
However the HapMap BioMart suite is an old version which has no
webservice capabilities and the HapMap project has also not made a
public MySQL access to their database available yet.  As soon as the
HapMap project updates their BioMart suite to a more recent version or
makes public access to their MySQL database available, you should be
able to use the biomaRt package for queries.
I've asked them already to do this but so far nothing has changed.  You
could mail their helpdesk help at hapmap.org to request this, hopefully the
more of us who ask for it the sooner we'll have this access.

regards,
Steffen