[BioC] beadarray - readBeadLevelData problems

Mark Dunning md392 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 13 16:55:01 CET 2007

Hi Felix,

I think this might be a problem with the format of text files created
by the scanner. When developing beadarray, the files we were using
always had the same number of rows. However, the file format used by
Illumina now can have a different number of rows and the package does
not like this very much :(

We recently replaced readBeadLevelData with a function readIllumina
which is better for reading bead level data. The function can be
obtained from the development version of beadarray (version 1.3.1). I
would recommend downloading this developmental version of the package
for bead level analysis.

Regards,

Mark

PS please could you make any future replies to the Bioconductor list.
That way, there is a permanent record of problems with the package
and the solution that people can search in the future.