[BioC] making a cdf file for expression analysis on a tiling array

Ivan Baxter ibaxter at purdue.edu
Sat Feb 17 21:52:00 CET 2007

Hi all- I would like to start using the new Arabidopsis Tiling array
http://www.affymetrix.com/products/arrays/specific/arab_tiling.affx
for expression studies using bioconductor.   The hurdle I am having
trouble with is getting a cdf file to run the makecdfenv package on.   I
have downloaded the support package from the Affy website, but I can't
find a cdf file in there. Alternatively, I have an R data frame with all
the relevant information:
xposition, yposition, GeneID, etc.   for the array.

So I am wondering:
A. Am I just missing the cdf file on Affy's website, or does one of the
programs in the library files generate it?
or
B. Is there a way that I can make a cdf file from the information I have?

thanks in advance.

Ivan