[BioC] classification of time series data

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 18:26:58 CET 2007

Dear Piet,

you haven't even said whether you want to classify the genes, the
biological samples, the time points, or ...?

If it is classification of samples, have you tried a generic
classification method (e.g. random forests, svm, Tibshirani's PAM) on
features computed from your time course (e.g. average level, slope,
similarity to a template profile).

 Best wishes
 Wolfgang
Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber