[BioC] Problem with Rgraphviz on OSX with libgvc

Thu Jan 11 01:35:24 CET 2007

Jarrett:

You can do two things:

The easy way:
Install the binary version of Graphviz 2.8 which Seth has linked to.
Using that version of Graphviz you can install binaries from
Bioconductor.

The (slightly) harder way:
If you want to use Graphviz 2.12 for other purposes, install it from
source as you have already done. Now, you need to use the development
version of Rgraphviz and you need to compile Rgraphviz from source,
you cannot use the binary version as that is compiled against
Graphviz 2.8. It does not matter if you install the dependencies from
source or binary. I would assume you have already install the
dependencies in your earlier attempt. The easy way is to download the
tar ball of Rgraphviz from Bioconductor (you need to do this since
you are running R-2.4.1 and not R-2.5.0 devel), use the link
   http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.0/bioc/src/contrib/
Rgraphviz_1.13.8.tar.gz
The in the command prompt you do
# R CMD INSTALL Rgraphviz