[BioC] outdated version of 'affy' in biocLite ?

Talloen, Willem [PRDBE] WTALLOEN at PRDBE.JNJ.COM
Mon Jan 15 17:13:52 CET 2007

dear all,

The package installation for the R version 2.4 on our Linux server stopped -
apparently because of an outdated version of affy (see error message below).

A more general question - has anybody an helpful suggestion how to maintain
R and its BioC packages on a server? Our informaticians are getting annoyed
with our frequent questions about adding or updating packages, and also with
the dependencies between versions of the different packages. I thought to
apply BiocLite more routinely now that we are switching to 2.4, but this
-again- doesn't work out as smoothly as we hoped it to be.

thanks in advance,
Willem

error message;
Error: package 'affy' 1.12.2 is loaded, but >= 1.13.9 is required by
'affydata'
Execution halted
cat: write error: Broken pipe
ERROR: execution of package source for 'affyPLM' failed
** Removing
'/dvl/bix/pkgs/r-project.org/R/2.4.1_64/bioconductor/lib64/affyPLM'