[BioC] Problem using biomaRt with local database

Alessandro Bruselles a.bruselles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 10:51:31 CET 2007

> Alessandro Bruselles <a.bruselles at ...> writes:

 Hi,
 I'm having some problems when trying to use biomaRt with a local install
 database;
 I've downloaded and installed locally the ensembl biomart database
 version ensembl_mart_42,
 (ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-42/mart_42/data/mysql/ensembl_mart_42)
 I created all the tables and populated them...
 I get the following error when trying to connect to it with useMart:
  > library(biomaRt)
 Carico il pacchetto richiesto: XML
 Carico il pacchetto richiesto: RCurl
  > ensembl=useMart("ensembl_mart_42", dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl",
 host="pendragon.bio.uniroma2.it", user="brusel", password="*******",
 local = TRUE, mysql = TRUE)
 Carico il pacchetto richiesto: RMySQL
 Carico il pacchetto richiesto: DBI
 Errore in `dimnames<-.data.frame`(`*tmp*`, value = list(character(0),
 c("name",  :
         'dimnames' fornita per i ldata frame non valida

 I'm using R 2.4.0 and biomaRt 1.8.1
 Any help will be very very appreciated
 Thanks.

For any of you having the same problem,
I solved the problem using the developmental version (1.9.14).