[BioC] from BAC name to list of genes in that BAC

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jan 18 18:01:22 CET 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 11:32, Federico Abascal wrote:
> Estimated colleagues,
>
> I am working with CGH data. I have the name of the BAC clones and their
> chromosome locations. They correspond to OncoBAC arrays (?).
> Is there any way in bioconductor to determine which genes belong to each
> BAC clone?

I don't think there is a way directly in Bioconductor to do that.  However,
the UCSC table browser can "overlap" your BACs with other genome annotation
such as genes.  You might want to try there.  They have a contact email
address on their page and are quite helpful with queries like "how to I
do...".  Using their interface, you should have something approximating what
you need in a few minutes.

Sean