[BioC] Bioconductor Digest, Vol 47, Issue 26

Manhong Dai daimh at umich.edu
Mon Jan 29 17:04:11 CET 2007

Hi Paul,

	This error message shows up because the R session needs to load an
package for each chip. The package included two function i2xy and xy2i,
which can convert probe coordinate to an integer and vice versa.

	Because you are using two chips in one session. When the second package
is loaded, its two functions i2xy and xy2i would mask the first
package's functions.

	This doesn't affect rma according to my experience, because rma doesn't
use these two functions at all. I am not sure about GCRMA.

	Actually a better solution for your problem is to use a tool we
developed, which can split RAE230-2 celfile to a pair of RAE230-A and
RAE230-B celfiles. All the hassles you met now would be gone.

	The tool is http://arrayanalysis.mbni.med.umich.edu/MBNIUM.html#MBNIUM
Just let me know if you came across any problem.

Best,
Manhong