[BioC] gcrma and chip without mm values

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jan 29 20:52:37 CET 2007

Hi Karin,

You might look at a similar thread from a year ago:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/3997/match=gcrma+mm+probe

I think the take home message was that you can either use
bg.parameters.ns() to estimate the background, or you can assume that
most genes are not expressed, in which case you can pass the PM as MM
values.

Either way will require some work on your part to figure out how to get
things to work.

Best,
Jim

--