[BioC] about two way anova on time and treatment

Ana Conesa aconesa at ochoa.fib.es
Mon Jul 2 00:19:48 CEST 2007

Hi James,

You might like to have a look to a paper we recently published where
we address this problem
(http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/btm251v1). We
describe here the ASCA-genes methodology to analyze multiple series
time course microarray data. Basically, first ANOVA is applied to
each gene and then perform PCA for each of the matrix coffecients of
the ANOVA model. We use then PCA scores to discover main expression
patterns associated to each experimental factor and we propose aswell
a gene-selection criterium. You also obtain the % variability
associated to each experimental factor (and noise) so you can use
this to unswer your question of the factor (time or treatment) with
the highest effect. R scripts with the algorithm are avialable.

Best regards

Ana

Ana Conesa, PhD
Bioinformatics Department